John Setzler

Wings & Bleu Cheese Dip

After reading about the Crystal hot sauce on this site I ordered some. I really like it a lot. A hit of vinegar with a whole back ground of flavor and a bit of heat. It does not over power the food with heat. Now I have to find a cheaper source--my bottle is half gone.

I guess we are lucky in my parts, a bottle of Tabasco that cost $6.99, the same size bottle of Crystal sells for about 2.49, so it's a no brainer which sauce I buy.

After reading about the Crystal hot sauce on this site I ordered some. I really like it a lot. A hit of vinegar with a whole back ground of flavor and a bit of heat. It does not over power the food with heat. Now I have to find a cheaper source--my bottle is half gone.

I guess we are lucky in my parts, a bottle of Tabasco that cost $6.99, the sane size bottle of Crystal sells for about 2.49, so it's a no brainer which sauce I buy.

I bought it at Piggly Wiggly for $.79 a bottle, Winn Dixie carried it but now both are gone!

I guess we are lucky in my parts, a bottle of Tabasco that cost $6.99, the sane size bottle of Crystal sells for about 2.49, so it's a no brainer which sauce I buy.

Holy crap!!! I get hot sauce for free, I've not bought any in a few years! My MIL and Wife used to coupon heavily and I had shelves of BBQ sauce and Frank's in store. I am down to my last few bottles of Frank's and the BBQ sauce is long gone but I know my MIL still has several bottles of Frank's if I want them, they don't eat hot sauce on anything. She was getting me bottles of Garland Jack's BBQ sauce for something like 9 cents a bottle!

Wow that level of couponing is impressive... It always makes me smile to see someone get that kind of deal!

She kept us pretty well stocked on most toiletries for next to nothing as well. You can also get great deals on laundry soap, hand soaps, and dish soaps if you're not super picky or in need of special detergent. She's not done it in a while and we are starting to be in need of these things so I will have to get her interested in it again or show me the ropes.

Hey John,

Tks a lot for that recipe. I had my 5 best buddies in the house last night for the game, and they all said these were by the best wings they ever had! And I thought the same! I felt like a chief ;-)

Cheers!

JX

I tried this recipe tonight with the 1st sauce recipe and it was fantastic. I made a small batch and they were gone almost instantly. I will be making this recipe for wings again in the future often. Thanks John for making the video and providing the recipe. :-D

We made this the other night, but we used our own wing sauce recipe. Fantastic. The blue cheese dip was better a couple of days later. It had a strong sour cream taste the day we made it, but that went away after being in the fridge for a couple of days.

To reheat the wings I pre heated the oven to 350, put the wings on a foil lined baking sheet and cooked for 15 minutes. Excellent even as leftovers and I usually don't love leftovers.

Thanks for all of your videos John, they have been a great help to a new Kamado owner.