• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
John Setzler

Grill Masters 2014 NCAA Bracket Challenge!

Greetings Gurus!

Welcome to the Grill Masters 2014 NCAA Bracket Challenge!  This year's challenge is sponsored by:

Kamado Joe - http://www.kamadojoe.com

GrillGrate - http://www.grillgrate.com

Ceramic Grill Store - http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com

The winner of this bracket challenge will receive the following prizes:

Kamado Joe Jr. 13" Ceramic Kamado Grill (Thanks Bobby!)

Gift Certificate ($250!!) for Ceramicgrillstore.com (Thanks Tom!)

$75 in GrateBucks from GrillGrate to spend plus a GrillGrate T-Shirt (Thanks Brad!)

Who can Play?

This contest is open to anyone 18 years old or older.  If there are any restrictions on prize shipments to locations other than the United States, I will update this post to reflect that.  The Kamado Joe grill will be available to ship almost anywhere in the world.  

How to Enter:

To enter this contest, you must send me an email (john@setzler.net) to request an invitation to play.  Your email request must include the following information:

First Name, Last Name

Email Address

Phone Number

Shipping Address

YOU MAY ONLY ENTER ONCE.

This information will NOT be shared with anyone.  I'm requiring this information so I don't have to chase anyone down at the end of the contest to get your prizes on the way!

When you send me an email requesting an invitation, I will respond directly to your email as soon as I have sent your invitation from the cbssports.com website.  If you do not receive the invitation to play within 24 hours of that time, please let me know via email.  Check your spam folders if you do not receive this invitation.  There will be no way to add you to the contest after the entry deadline.

I am hosting this bracket challenge on cbssports.com.  Once you have received an invitation to the contest, you may access the site here:

http://grillmasters.mayhem.cbssports.com

Bracket selection will be available on March 16, 2014 and you should receive an alert from the website to get your brackets completed.  Your brackets must be completed prior to the start of play on March 20, 2014.  Please see the http://grillmasters.mayhem.cbssports.com website for the actual time deadline on that day for picks to be made.  I'd advise getting your picks made by March 19th.

Let the Madness Begin!!!

This Tourney's a lot of fun, guys, check it out. I've never participated in a NCAA bracket in my life before John invited me to participate in his last year (no prizes). I did a little research on bracket picks on Google before I filled it out, and I won the thing. It fun to follow, join up, I plan on doing it today.

I was hoping my buddy could help me out in picking a bracket, he is an athletic rehab trainer for Northeastern University but his affiliation with the NCAA sports programs prevents him from participating in any such contest in any form so I will be drawing my picks at random, maybe I will land that on in a 100 million times infinity chance of a perfect bracket and collect some cash from Mr. Buffet B)

I got all signed up last night, looking forward to the Tourney. I don't really follow college basketball too closely.Can anyone tell me about when we will start filling out our bracket for the 2nd round start (approximate date)? UPDATE: Never mind, John just answered my question in his opening post....

ANYHOW...,  get signed up everyone, some great prizes being offered.

The name of the game, for KG sponsors in contests such as this, is VOLUME, VOLUME, VOLUME! If we can demonstrate that the interest is big, in future contests, the prizes will be bigger. If the turnout is small, in future contests we'll be competing for a BBQ brush rather than a kamado, so sign up everyone!