Party Q

burgersb

Greetings burgersb and :welcome: to Kamado Guru. Glad you found us. I believe there are some who have done it and hopefully will chime in. I don't see why it be any different that any other classic kamado. Please stop by the Introductions forum and introduce yourself. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has used the Party Q on a Visions Classic Kamado, and did you have any problems ?

using the party Q with the vision c model and have had no hassles , keeps nice steady for as long as you want !

Halifax Aussie I am thinking of either the Party-Q or the Auber for my Vision. 

I am leaning toward the Party-Q because I don’t want to run extension cords through the snow, but can it run effectively, say for a long brisket cook, when it’s cold out, say -10 to -20C (14 to -4F) which is the average temp in my area?   

If I have to go with an AC powered unit I will, but it would be a major pain.

If any other cold-climate gurus have first hand experience with the Party-Q in cold weather, I would be greatly appreciate your comments.  

I don't have a PartyQ, but a quick google search got me this:

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1146947/a-cold-lesson-with-the-party-q

Thanks rwalters, I missed that one, but still hoping for input from people with temps closer to my average -10 to -20C (14 to -4F).

Judging by that egg thread, the Party-Q may not cut it because they are having issues at slightly warmer temps.

My understanding is batteries tend to have a really difficult time in temps that low. I know AC is an issue but at least you know the battery will not freeze up and fail to run the fan or electronics correctly

Take this all with a grain of salt, I don't live in the cold and I don't have a party Q

I was wondering if anyone has used the Party Q on a Visions Classic Kamado, and did you have any problems ?

using the party Q with the vision c model and have had no hassles , keeps nice steady for as long as you want !

Halifax Aussie I am thinking of either the Party-Q or the Auber for my Vision. 

I am leaning toward the Party-Q because I don’t want to run extension cords through the snow, but can it run effectively, say for a long brisket cook, when it’s cold out, say -10 to -20C (14 to -4F) which is the average temp in my area?   

If I have to go with an AC powered unit I will, but it would be a major pain.

If any other cold-climate gurus have first hand experience with the Party-Q in cold weather, I would be greatly appreciate your comments.

Ever thought of using a cheap power inverter with a 12v car battery? You wouldn't have to run extension cords and would have power for the PID of your choice anywhere you desired to use it.

Mr Cue, I'm afraid that when I'm dealing with this for 4 months, the simpler, the better. (And this pic was before the foot of snow we got last night.)

Wires and batteries don't play nice in the snow ;)

post-2055-0-02720000-1394755534_thumb.jp