Sign in to follow this  
phignutt

DigiQ with Akorn

I just got a DigiQ 2 and I'm doing a dry run to test it out. I've been monitoring temps also with my RediCheck ET-732. Now I have JUST replaced the pit probe on my RediCheck... but the pit temp on the DigiQ is as much as 50-60 less than what I'm getting with the RediCheck. And based on previous experience of my RediCheck with the Akorn I'd say it's probably closer to correct.

I know I remember seeing a video someone did where they had the same problem. Any ideas?

I recently used my Digi Q 2 in conjunction with my Maverick 732 and found that the temps (meat & pit) varied anywhere from 2-5 degrees between the two. I did not conisder that enough to be concerned with though and the pork came out perfect.

Turned out to be a bad temp probe for the Maverick... Even thought it was a new one, I got it from one of those bargin sites on the internet and it was way off. Curiously it was a bit smaller than the one I ended up getting direct from Maverick to fix this issue. After that, they were always within 5 degrees of each other.