BBQ Wizard

CVW

Andy is correct. The BBQ Wizard can run off batteries or DC Power and the batteries in the controller are rechargeable. We decided to include the batteries for both the controller and the fan and also the DC Chargers / rechargers......The cost went up to where we could not simply add to every unit without making the unit unaffordable.

Andy is correct. The BBQ Wizard can run off batteries or DC Power and the batteries in the controller are rechargeable. We decided to include the batteries for both the controller and the fan and also the DC Chargers / rechargers......The cost went up to where we could not simply add to every unit without making the unit unaffordable.

Bobby, are there final pics and prices I can see? I'm interested. Also, I guess it would mount at the lower vent, right? That might help with my loose slide...

Bobby, are there final pics and prices I can see? I'm interested. Also, I guess it would mount at the lower vent, right? That might help with my loose slide...

Loose slide can be a good thing, IMHO.

What trouble is it creating for you?

I've had great experiences with my Joe with the exception that it's not sealing as tightly as I've heard. It's the new '14 model with the perforated slide behind the solid one now gone (replaced with perforated ash tray). There's slack there, and it seems to be sucking air. I had one day of still slightly burning coals after completely shutting down the top and bottom vents the night before... What could be the advantage, in your opinion Dub?

It won't be professionally photographed until it is ready for production Ron, but this will give you a good idea of what it looks like. There are two main components: The fan goes into the bottom vent and the controller mounts in the dome thermometer hole. It will sell for $229.99. You may find it for less once it comes out, but I'm not positive on that. 

post-3565-0-10536100-1394947730_thumb.jp

Edited by andyscalzo

I've had great experiences with my Joe with the exception that it's not sealing as tightly as I've heard. It's the new '14 model with the perforated slide behind the solid one now gone (replaced with perforated ash tray). There's slack there, and it seems to be sucking air. I had one day of still slightly burning coals after completely shutting down the top and bottom vents the night before... What could be the advantage, in your opinion Dub?

Roman, if there's an issue with your slide it can be replaced. The bottom vent can be changed out. Are you still under warranty?

It won't be professionally photographed until it is ready for production Ron, but this will give you a good idea of what it looks like. There are two main components: The fan goes into the bottom vent and the controller mounts in the dome thermometer hole. It will sell for $229.00.

Andy, if it's a truly quality system, as I'm sure it is, that would be a good price! Thanks for the info.

Had it for about three weeks. I'm waiting to see if it tends to work itself out. Don't want to have something done if it isn't needed. I've heard they'll seal better after a few cooks. But still, that shouldn't have been.

Had it for about three weeks. I'm waiting to see if it tends to work itself out. Don't want to have something done if it isn't needed. I've heard they'll seal better after a few cooks. But still, that shouldn't have been.

You might have one of the new units without the ash screen slider. My Joes both have ash screens sliders on them. The ash screen vent makes the seal on the bottom vent very tight. Granted I never use them.

@ronman79 - the grooves that the bottom door slides in was narrowed because now there is only one door instead of two. It may be the case that you have one of the original housings (designed for two doors). Just a possibility. It is a simple enough fix.