Auber or IQ110

Hi all,

I am looking for some help when doing a long and slow overnight cook. By reading a few posts, it sounds like both the Auber PID and the Pitmaster IQ110 seem to be good units in the same price range. A lot of good comments for both units. What I would like to read now is the people who had bad experience or issues with one of these. I guess I just need to know their weaknesses to help me make a choice.

Tks a lot in advance!

JX

My cyberq (BBQ guru product) holds a tighter temp than my auber did, but they both get the job done. I think the difference is that the cyberq varies the rate of the fan, whereas on the auber the fan is either full on or full off.

What I would like to read now is the people who had bad experience or issues with one of these. I guess I just need to know their weaknesses to help me make a choice.

I have (and like very much) the Auber.

The only weakness I've found is the wall wart. It (and I've tried two) doesn't seem to like working below ~ 40F.

Auber CS was very good about sending replacement parts (the wall wart was actually the third replacement part they sent, a new controller and fan came first), but I ended up swapping the one they sent with a NetGear ethernet switch power supply. The Auber works fine indoors on the switch and the NetGear supply hasn't failed on the Auber controller even at temps below 0F.

I have no experience with the IQ110...

What I would like to read now is the people who had bad experience or issues with one of these. I guess I just need to know their weaknesses to help me make a choice.

The only weakness I've found is the wall wart. It (and I've tried two) doesn't seem to like working below ~ 40F.

Auber CS was very good about sending replacement parts (the wall wart was actually the third replacement part they sent, a new controller and fan came first), but I ended up swapping the one they sent with a NetGear ethernet switch power supply. The Auber works fine indoors on the switch and the NetGear supply hasn't failed on the Auber controller even at temps below 0F.

Do you know what the input voltage is? Is it 12Vdc?

I have the Pitmaster iQue 110. I don't use it a lot, but when I do it holds the pit temp on the nads. I have had it several years, and when I bought it, it was the only variable speed controller on the market. All the other controllers were either running on or would turn off. I liked the idea of a constant airflow. I haven't kept up much with controllers much the past few years, so I don't know if that is still true or not. I only use it if I am going to leave home for a while, or if it is extremely windy out. I find a controller unnecessary for the most part. 

Do you know what the input voltage is? Is it 12Vdc?

Yes. The Auber wall wart is rated 12v @ 1 Amp.