BGE customer service

hrmbbq

I was woundering if there's other Canadian on here that has experience customer service issue with BGE Canada? I have a firebowl thats crack into two spots and had to fight and play phone tag for about 7 days then they said they will ship one out and itys now 4 weeks and still haven't received. I inquired again and they said they only said warranty parts to the dealer store for pick up and that it will only be shipped when the dealer actually places its next order! What the F#$%%^^ I am glad I had some JB weld on hand! This is the second time I have issue like this with BGE Canada in a year and half period.

All I can say if your from Canada don't buy a Big Green Egg! I would sell my egg if it didn't have sentimental value in hearth beat and get another Kamado Joe.

That is, indeed, poor customer service. You might want to talk to your dealer and inquire as to when they plan to place an order. Tell them about your issue and you may find your dealer to be sympathetic to your needs and place an order quickly. In any event, good luck to you.

Already did talk to my local dealer and they are actually getting rid of there egg due that BGE is to hard of a company to deal with! I am in the process of writing a long  email to the mother ship in the USA to see what they can do from there end. I am going to NB soon and will go see a friend of mine that sell them his store to do a swap there but its not ethecialy right going that route!

Al is correct in his astute evaluation, that does suck. 

Why not try asking the dealer,  who sounds sympathetic, to place an order for one replacement fire box to complete his professional obligation to you. At that point,  you have a dealer order in compliance with BGE's stated protocol. Then send the whole paper trail, photos, etc. to BGE USA, and ask "what's up" and for a new fire bowl and  compensation for the cooking time lost during your ordeal.  

I had issues like this in the past more then ounce and had to go trough the mother ship in US each time to rectifie! All I can say is that I will never buy a BGE product in the future and will never recommend them again! I guess its the main reason people are going red instead green! BGE never listens to customers all they care about is profits! I am know officially a hard core Kamado Joe griller due to the fact they actually listen to there customers! They have the best customer service out there! and you don't have to jump through hoops to get stuff replaced under warranty! Each time I needed a replacement part through Kamado Joe I had delivered within 48 hours to my door steps. BGE on the other hand your luck to get the part within 4 weeks!

Just got email back from BGE USA and new fire bowl being sent out today from the US. I guess from now on only deal through us customer service to get support! I was also on the BGE Canada facebook page and you can see past post of  other canadian facing similiar issues its pretty sad.

Atleast I am now finally get a replacement firebowl! Hopefully its makes it to my place within a week. :)

BGE is known for terrible customer service in Canada. This has been going on for some time and the fact that it remains the same speaks for itself about the company in my opinion. I remember some time ago a member on the BGE forum got pissed over customer service in Canada and got rid of his cookers and replaced them with Primo's.

So glad to hear your good news. Sometimes it does pay to go to the top. I had completely forgotten about company websites on Face Book. They often have on-line customer reps lurking nearby. At the very least, your problem gets noticed by a whole lot of people and, if nothing else, the company suffers poor PR and embarrassment. I've said it before and it's worth repeating, poor customer service has a boomerang effect.