BGE customer service

hrmbbq

It's a regional issue with customer service in Canada that BGE should be aware and address effectively.

Agree with you 100% 

I'm a BGE owner and have been on the BGE official message boards for a long time, and BGE's crappy Canadian CS has been a problem for many many many many years (did I say forget to say many)?    At this point, they should just pull out of Canada completely, because they clearly have no intention of ever remedying the situation.

Personally, I have had good CS from BGE (cracket dome and burnt gasket), but I live in the U.S. of A....

Well guys, dare I address a comment to all this, KJ is wonderful and BGE is being dethroned and in general not so hot, dialog. If I may borrow Der Husker's soap box for a moment, I feel compelled to offer a few thoughts.

While  I believe, from what I have read here, that BGE service in Canada may be, for some,  less than adequate and need improvement, I also believe that it is hard to back up with facts the proposition  that BGE makes  a less than top quality grill or has in general, overall  inadequate customer service. Simple logic states that you don't become a giant in the industry by providing a poor quality product, or poor customer service. If you read through the comments regarding customer service on the BGE forum http://eggheadforum.com/search?Search=customer+service, you will find a host of more than satisfied customers along with a few who have experienced problems. Are all these guys making positive claims about their grills  and the customer service they recieved , company plants, making up stories, and falsely proclaiming the praises of BGE? I don't really think so. The fact is that BGE is a giant in the industry because they make great grills and in general keep their customers happy. I just purchased a new BGE and so far, it has fulfilled my expectations. I find it to be extremely well made, to have  high quality materials, and in my first cook it performed very well.  The customer service I received from my dealer was 1st rate. I picked out the egg I wanted, they configured it the way I requested, and they delivered it with care the next day. I called BGE's main office prior to my purchase with some questions. The guy I spoke with was highly knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. All in all everything I could ask for in a dealer and in a company. Could I have problems with the grill in the future, of course I could, but so could anyone with any of the other high quality grills. After all BGE was one of, if not the, first to offer a  life time ceramic warranty and believe that all the top companies in todays market offer a satisfactory warranty. So you are pretty safe no matter what your choice or preference. 

Bottom line, IMO what makes this forum great is that, for the most part, we concentrate on the  kamado cooking technique, the food, and the fun of the whole process. When I look at pictures of one of Jack Jumper or Der Husker's amazing cooks, I could care less that they cook on a Primo (actually they both have Visions also and Jack has a backyard full of grills). I look at the prep, the skill, the result, and am motivated to try it myself. When I look at Andy's posts, I don't think wow he cooks on a KJ, I think wow this guy is amazing and can flat cook.

KJ can be a great grill and have great customer service without proclaiming that BGE or any other grill for that matter,  is a lesser grill or does not do as good a job with their customer service. If you have a K.J. and love it, well good for you, I am happy for you and hope to see  great pics and hear the details about your cooks.  The thing is, however,  that KJ, BGE, Primo, Grill Dome, and certainly  others as well,   are all great companies and probably provide equally quality grills and service. There are, no doubt,  likely hundreds or thousands of guys with grills who love them and  who would swear to that.  Enough said, Der Husker, you can have your soap box back, I've spoken my piece. .  :)

I totally agree, Keeper, and the last thing I would want to see is this forum becoming a "Kamado Joe FanBoy Club", which, in threads like these, seem the case.

Don't worry guys, we already have our fan club over here.

http://forum.kamadojoe.com

I have nothing against the Egg. My friend who also has a Vision Kamado which he is taking with him to Houston. Personally I just felt it wasn't fair for him to sell his XL Egg after two years. I'll send a message on FaceBook first and I'll tell him to contact the BGE home (Atlanta) office. Hopefully they'll do something to help him out so he can keep his Egg.

Vision will still honor the warranty for the Kamado he purchased in Canada in the US.

I am not a Kamado Joe Fanboy. but believe in giving credit where credit is due. Kamado Joe was late to the party. I believe they started in 2009 and some of the other companies were well established. Some things speak for themselves. Enough comments giving credit to other companies have been repeated on this forum by different people but for whatever reason people forget about them. I think that referring to people as fanboys is worse than other comments made in this thread that give credit where credit is due. People are entitled to their opinions.

BGE has done some pretty impressive things themselves. One of the gents on the egghead forum had his dome come off while he was driving his egg back from an Egg fest. BGE Mothership replaced the lid for him and only charged him shipping and handling. They didn't have to replace the lid under those circumstances.

They have come through for their customers over the years.

I totally agree, Keeper, and the last thing I would want to see is this forum becoming a "Kamado Joe FanBoy Club", which, in threads like these, seem the case.

Too late... I understand that people are happy with their KJs. I'm glad they have great customer service. I'm glad members are so happy with them. To be totally honest though, I'm just tired of so many threads getting "KJ fanboy" treatment.

Too late... I understand that people are happy with their KJs. I'm glad they have great customer service. I'm glad members are so happy with them. To be totally honest though, I'm just tired of so many threads getting "KJ fanboy" treatment.

I will admit I am one of the KJ fanboys. But I Am having trouble with the idea that several people are tired of hearing about the "right things " KJ is doing. Plenty if people piled on about BGE Canadian customer service in this thread. Is KG only a place we can complain? I like how people can be honest about their experience here. There was just a post about KJ hinge alignment that did not get the "fanboy" treatment".

If it was not for this forum I my kamado buying research would have been limited and very skewed by the BGE forum.

I am sorry to continue the off topic posts, but I wanted to try and resond in a balanced manner

Very well said Mewantkj! 

I think people like comparing the different ceramic cookers more and more to know for the simple reason that they are expensive investment! By doing this it helps them seing the differences between each, people opinion, and experences in using the various brand. This helps them in making a decision in which one to get!

I am also a KJ fanboy!

Don't read them. If you are tired of them why keep reading them? KJ is very popular on this forum and it is not going to change.  

Don't read them. If you are tired of them why keep reading them? KJ is very popular on this forum and it is not going to change.

Whoops I got the fanboys all wound up.;) I'm not talking about threads in KJ section. Yes, it is expected in that section. Its how it's interspersed in seemly so many non KJ threads. Its hard to avoid it.

It's not a big deal. The subject was brought up so I stated my opinion. If you don't like it, don't read it.

How would we respond if BGE owners pounced on KJ section threads regularly? I'm doubtful that would be well received. We have to create an environment where everyone can participate regardless of the brand of Kamado they're using.

There's lots of Egg owners preparing amazing dishes on their Eggs and it would be nice to have them on the KG forum participating in discussions. That won't happen if they feel the brand they love is being bashed all of the time.

How would we respond if BGE owners pounced on KJ section threads regularly? I'm doubtful that would be well received. We have to create an environment where everyone can participate regardless of the brand of Kamado they're using.

There's lots of Egg owners preparing amazing dishes on their Eggs and it would be nice to have them on the KG forum participating in discussions. That won't happen if they feel the brand they love is being bashed all of the time.

^^^ This ^^^

Everyone can talk about their kamado all they want but there is no need to put any other brand down just because you're happy with yours. I personally would welcome more Egg users here so we can all learn from them. BGE has been doing it much longer than most others.

Other than a couple of comments by the OP and mostly comments about Canadian customer service where are the comments putting the BGE brand down in this thread. There have been positive comments about the brand in this thread by other posters. The OP who owns both commented about his frustration with customer service and mentioned his other brand cooker. People responded and some also mentioned the other brand. Is this what this forum is becoming? Analyzing everything that has been said and looking for any little thing to complain about. Maybe people who own the other brand will start complaining that people resent them talking about it.

^^yeah.

It's the natural progression of things on the Forum. A couple of years back, JM plugged the Akorn. All the Akorn Fanfoys jumped on board, then whenever someone had an issue with their Akorn, a small number of Ceramic Fanboys  would chime in how "you would never have that kind of problem with a Ceramic,"  so then the Akorn Fanboys would all cry foul, and order would have to be restored.... Flash forward, 2014, same thing starting all over again....