Woo Hoo, got my Akorn tonight

Just wanted to let you all know I finally joined the Akorn club and am so excited to be here. I picked it up from lowes for 224 + tax after having them price match + 10% off from Menards. I'm gonna go back tomorrow, because I jsut found out Kroger is selling for $199. Hopefully I can get them to match that and get me another $40 back. It is all put together and out back getting all seasoned up. Got a pork shoulder and a couple racks of beef ribs in the fridge getting ready to be cooked tomorrow. Will post plenty of pics in the future. So far it will stay un-modded until I see how it performs. Enjoy the pics.. :D

Mike

Here it is ready to be opened (with my little helper):

DSC_3616.jpg

All put together:

DSC_3618.jpg

Parked in its new home:

DSC_3619.jpg

Some of its friends:

DSC_3621.jpg

DSC_3623.jpg

DSC_3123.jpg

Can't believe that price! My Kroger has it for $299. If they sold for $199 I'd buy two. Congrats! I want to get one soon but am waiting for a deal.

Yeah, If I had extra money, I would have, but 1 will work with all the other cookers I have.

Excellent :)

Your sous chef looks like she's ready to get grillin....

Thanks John, she is definately ready to go.

At that price you should have bought two . . . don't think you have enough grills there. I have never seen one at Krogers around here. Very nice.

Jim

Yeah Jim, I think I need more too. Maybe you can go online to Dillons.com and just print out an ad for the price. Lowes does not seem to pay too much attention. I originally had them match the menards price of 249, then saw it the next day at dillons for the 199 and went back to lowes and they refunded me the difference. They looked at the ad for about a second just to see the price, didn't even look at the store or dates of ad. Try it, it may work

Check out my 1st cook here and short review here http://kamadoguru.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1166

Just wanted to let you all know I finally joined the Akorn club and am so excited to be here. I picked it up from lowes for 224 + tax after having them price match + 10% off from Menards. I'm gonna go back tomorrow, because I jsut found out Kroger is selling for $199. Hopefully I can get them to match that and get me another $40 back. It is all put together and out back getting all seasoned up. Got a pork shoulder and a couple racks of beef ribs in the fridge getting ready to be cooked tomorrow. Will post plenty of pics in the future. So far it will stay un-modded until I see how it performs. Enjoy the pics.. :D

Mike

Can you point me to an ad where Kroger is selling them for $199? My Kroger has $299 price tags on the 3 or 4 in front of the store.

Mike

Can you point me to an ad where Kroger is selling them for $199? My Kroger has $299 price tags on the 3 or 4 in front of the store.

Check out my other thread...the info is there. To clarify, it is sold at Dillons, which is owned by Kroger. Try it, maybe it will work.