Looks awesome! I just happened to fall across this forum just now. I am glad I was able to help you out. (this is John @ Galaxy Outdoor BTW). Please let me know if you should need anymore help with the Kamado. I also look forward to hearing back from you after cooking on it. BTW, your lower rack and deflection/pizza stone shipped the day you called. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this was the first  seasoned smoke with mesquite lump and wood chunks      couldnt resist  had to try a  couple of burgers ! gonna be a great smoking spring !

I want to thank everyone for their comments and likes . this was a once in a lifetime find .  i really enjoyed the  work. this Kamado was a challenge not knowing its origins. the  research  was most e

felt the old K7 deserved a new cooking grate ..... has peen performing really well ... the OEM grate was getting hard to clean   age  and porosity..  Weber Gourmet  with a  cast iron sear grate .. des

Posted Images

post-4716-0-13588500-1396101627_thumb.jp   re grouting the entire exterior with black charcoal had to use a exam gloves to apply this and a  cheap sponge float.......  rubbed off the excess grout haze ... post-4716-0-83431700-1396101865_thumb.jp  nearly done .....  all i need now are the gaskets and we be smoking!

I want to thank everyone for their comments and likes . this was a once in a lifetime find .  i really enjoyed the  work. this Kamado was a challenge not knowing its origins. the  research  was most enjoyable. that's how i found Kamadoguru.com . I had an Imperial Kamado in the 1980's until it was toppled over ! so after this sorta forgot about the Kamado cooking. had great memories of the awesomeness of   how  it performed..... almost bought a BGE until this came along. thanks again look forward to displaying more cooks in the near future!  hope this  thread will be of any help to anyone who should happen to find a jewel  Kamado!

Top Damper is  frozen   easy Off Oven cleaner after letting sit 10 mins and the bottom of the threads wire brushed  a pair of vise grips with a rag  over the threads  easy does it!attachicon.gifWP_000792.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000794.jpg

Glad I could help you out with that trick....works almost all the time

John you were a gold mine in this find! thanks for input and great service. if this Kamado ever  fails i will be looking into your absolutely USA made Kamado Rocket!