• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this was the first  seasoned smoke with mesquite lump and wood chunks      couldnt resist  had to try a  couple of burgers ! gonna be a great smoking spring !

I want to thank everyone for their comments and likes . this was a once in a lifetime find .  i really enjoyed the  work. this Kamado was a challenge not knowing its origins. the  research  was most e

felt the old K7 deserved a new cooking grate ..... has peen performing really well ... the OEM grate was getting hard to clean   age  and porosity..  Weber Gourmet  with a  cast iron sear grate .. des

Posted Images

felt the old K7 deserved a new cooking grate ..... has peen performing really well ... the OEM grate was getting hard to clean   age  and porosity..  Weber Gourmet  with a  cast iron sear grate .. designed for a 22.5 kettle fit perfect..     post-4716-0-80071500-1398287700_thumb.jp     post-4716-0-02156700-1398287769_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry to pile on to an old thread, but my old K7 is starting to need some maintenance.  I just started to research a bit and this might be the site.

My K7 is about 15 years old, maybe a few more.  I've only popped 2 tiles off of it.  I cook on it maybe 1-2 times per week year round, so no complaints about quality.

Some questions:

• Where do people find parts that fit it?  Tiles, gasket, grills, etc
  • My firebox seems to be formed in, so it is hard to clean out old ash.  Can I safely remove all the ceramic bits in the bottom and put one of these nice looking SS pieces in there?
  • Richard seems to be back in business again, has anyone tried to get parts from him recently?

Welcome SandiegoSteve,

A good source for parts is GalaxyOutdoors.com

They are located in Las Vegas.

I have used them for a variety of part in my restore.  (The threaded spider assembly for the upper damper, A complete set of tiles, etc).

You can place one of those nice stainless baskets inside your existing firebox, The ones sold by galaxy will rest gracefully upon your existing firebox, you can dispense with the stock firegrate if it is crumbling.

Richard Johnson does appear to have a web presence, but by all reports, getting actual hardware from him is still very problematic. 

Welcome SandiegoSteve,

A good source for parts is GalaxyOutdoors.com

They are located in Las Vegas.

I have used them for a variety of part in my restore.  (The threaded spider assembly for the upper damper, A complete set of tiles, etc).

You can place one of those nice stainless baskets inside your existing firebox, The ones sold by galaxy will rest gracefully upon your existing firebox, you can dispense with the stock firegrate if it is crumbling.

Richard Johnson does appear to have a web presence, but by all reports, getting actual hardware from him is still very problematic. 

Thank you!

As I dig deeper into what I want to do I'll leverage this forum.

• 4 months later...

Did you just grout over the old grout.. Considering do this to my old #7 Kamado.

d

attachicon.gifWP_000820.jpg   re grouting the entire exterior with black charcoal had to use a exam gloves to apply this and a  cheap sponge float.......  rubbed off the excess grout haze ... attachicon.gifWP_000821.jpg  nearly done .....  all i need now are the gaskets and we be smoking!

• 11 months later...