My Vision Classic just keeps cooking

Big Steve

So I've had my Vision Classic a year now.  It's served me well and cooked lots of great food.  The original felt gasket fell apart and was replaced with nomex.  The dome thermometer has some condensation in it now.  The firebox has a crack in it.  The lava stone is cracked, actually a "V" chunk broke out of it during a cook and after all that guess what?  It's still awesome and cooks nicely.  I might call Vision and inform them of the firebox and the thermometer issues but since I use a shop vac to clean out the ash I'm not worried about the firebox too much.  If I was lifting it out then perhaps I'd be more concerned.  Long live the Vision Grill Kamado.

So I've had my Vision Classic a year now. It's served me well and cooked lots of great food. The original felt gasket fell apart and was replaced with nomex. The dome thermometer has some condensation in it now. The firebox has a crack in it. The lava stone is cracked, actually a "V" chunk broke out of it during a cook and after all that guess what? It's still awesome and cooks nicely. I might call Vision and inform them of the firebox and the thermometer issues but since I use a shop vac to clean out the ash I'm not worried about the firebox too much. If I was lifting it out then perhaps I'd be more concerned. Long live the Vision Grill Kamado.

That's great to hear but how long is the warranty? Shouldn't that be covered?

My lava stone has a crack in it too, it started out as a hairline but its growing everytime I use it.  Emailed Vision and hey said not to worry about it and keep using it.  I told them that its getting worst everytime I cook and was afraid it would eventually split in to (its almost a V now) Vision said not to worry as if it split they would send me a new one.. cool! So I'll just keep using it till it splits. Firebox seems fine but have been having trouble hitting high temps with the defuser in, tested it today with minimal coal after a steak cook of 600+. Put in the lava stone after the cook on the top grill but it stopped rising at 400+ and just stayed there till the coals burnt out (approx 1 hour) Well looks like ill be testing that theory tomorrow with a full box and a clean grill. Love this thing! Its my new best friend!

Sounds like we have the same vision I now use my two piece lava stone to setup two zone cooking of which I don't use often. Vision sent me a new thermometer which is in a drawer cuz old one works just fine and my fire box is cracked but it does not effect the performance. I was told that if fire box broke in two it would be replaced so I'm not worried about it

May this spring and summer be bountiful for all

I was SO GLAD when my firebox cracked, then I could stop worrying about it cracking.

i worry too, i think ill just go ahead and crack mine and get it over with.. lol

Lol, awesome, yeah just hit it with a hammer and get it over with. Sole purposes of the box is to hold lump and grate. I've seen a dude on bge forum take the box out and put back like a jigsaw puzzle and been using it that way for years.

I have a bnib replacement firebox in the attic just in case but don't see it getting use unless a catastrophe happens.