Forum

CVW

People say they are tired of Fan Boys. I am tired of the few that read posts and inject things into the thread that are not there and then complain about it. I am tired of the few that take offense whenever people give credit where credit is due only to have those few complain because it is not the product they own or like. They could go to their brands manufacturer website forum and hear nothing but praise for their own cookers but then they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

There are some nice people on this forum and I appreciate the pics they have shared and also their posts. I also appreciate everything John has done and congratulate him for all he has accomplished. I suppose that makes me a fan boy to those with a limited thought process. I am sure there will be those that will be happy when I say I am no longer going to participate on this forum. I am happy to be leaving this nonesense behind. I will send a pm to John to delete my account from this forum.

Maybe John can trim the forum down to the manufacturer brands and potential owners and only allow people to talk about their brand under that brand heading and not show any of the cookers in the pics when posting food photos. Even then some would still find something to complain about. Pretty sad when you have to come on to a forum and look for things to complain about. Can't you find anything better do do with your life?

I'm sorry to read this post, Charles, and even sorrier that you feel the way you do about the forum.  I've enjoyed reading your posts and feel you have been an insightful contributor.  Good luck.

People say they are tired of Fan Boys. I am tired of the few that read posts and inject things into the thread that are not there and then complain about it. I am tired of the few that take offense whenever people give credit where credit is due only to have those few complain because it is not the product they own or like. They could go to their brands manufacturer website forum and hear nothing but praise for their own cookers but then they wouldn't have anything to complain about.

There are some nice people on this forum and I appreciate the pics they have shared and also their posts. I also appreciate everything John has done and congratulate him for all he has accomplished. I suppose that makes me a fan boy to those with a limited thought process. I am sure there will be those that will be happy when I say I am no longer going to participate on this forum. I am happy to be leaving this nonesense behind. I will send a pm to John to delete my account from this forum.

Maybe John can trim the forum down to the manufacturer brands and potential owners and only allow people to talk about their brand under that brand heading and not show any of the cookers in the pics when posting food photos. Even then some would still find something to complain about. Pretty sad when you have to come on to a forum and look for things to complain about. Can't you find anything better do do with your life?

i see where you are coming from, and think I know which posts you are referring to.  I think the more we let someone vent a frustration about other forum members posts or attitudes and then dont respond with a flame war the better this will be.  I know I for one will continue to express my opinion, and welcome others to do the same.  I can ignore someone who I dont agree with...  dont fuel the fire ( which I am trying not to do here).  I like that we have lots of different cookers and skill levels represented.  When someone becomes truly inappropriate, I promise you I will not ignore them...

Ben

I can't help but think this is directed at me. I'm sorry that my 2 comments upset you so much. I was not attempting to make anyone upset and certainly not trying to make someone quit the forum. I was stating my opinions on a post that was made by a moderator. I injected some sarcastic humor in which I put a smilie behind showing that I did not intend to be malicious with my fanboy comment.

I do not appreciate the little jabs at my limited thought process and inferring that I nothing better to do with my life then complain about this forum. Like you, I enjoy this forum and the different views. Those two comments were the first out of all mine on this forum that were negative.

I hate to see someone leave the forum for reasons like this. Everyone that is lost represent knowledge, insight and experience that will not be shared. 

I am sorry to see you go and have enjoyed your posts in my limited time here so far. Good luck and maybe one day you will return to continue to share your experiences. 

Hey CVW,  just as appsspec said, we'll be losing insight and knowledge shared with every member leaving this site.  I'm sorry you had the experiences you did.  I hope you'll reconsider and just overlook the few and take this website as a whole and what it has become: a community.  and like a community, there will be disagreements and arguments but we all are here because we like to cook and share in our 'kamado experiences'.   Take care.

*just my 2 cents

lol, just caz we all belong to our little close-knit cooking circle doesn't mean that we need to act like ladies over our cookers, sheesh!

i have tried to be tactful in this forum, but freddy just posted a very very mild version of what is going through my mind!

I hear what you are saying CVW, but I don’t understand why you feel compelled to leave. If I don’t like something somebody posts, I just move on. There are a couple of members I have come to not even bother to read what they post anymore. Some people don’t like things I post. I could personally give a rat’s ###, and they don’t have to read them. I post my own opinions and if they offend someone too bad, but I would feel bad to think that someone left a forum because of what I or anyone else posted. I’m not on forums to make friends. I have more friends than I have time to devout to the way it is. My main purpose on any forum I follow is to (1) increase my own knowledge and (2) to pass on some of mine. I only personally know, and have actually only met, six people who belong to this forum.  I consider them good friends, but they are probably the only ones I will ever really personally know and spend any time with. That’s fine with me. I hope the other’s can teach me things, or learn some from me. All this being said, I will continue to post any comments, cooks and photos that I feel compelled to post. I just hope you choose to remain active on this forum.  

I'm not deleting any accounts from the forum.  I value the posts that have been made through everyone's account and I'm not going to remove that content from the site.  If anyone chooses to abandon their participation here, that is a choice that they can make.  It has happened before and it will happen again in the future.  It's the nature of internet forums.  

I don't know what started this issue and I'm not even going to try to find it.  

This community has been rather prosperous in my opinion considering it's only about two years old.  I thought for a long time about this issue becoming a problem before I started this forum.  Originally, I had a large group of people who wanted an Akorn forum.  I'm glad I chose to avoid a single brand forum for a multitude of reasons.  So far, I think we have been successful with a diverse brand crowd here and I think we can go forward with that.  There are occasional situations where brand loyalty comes out and that's OK.  People are PROUD of the grills they have.  I try to be supportive of whatever grill shows up in the forums.  To me, this forum is about the world of kamado cooking regardless of the brand you choose.  

I wouldn't worry too much CVW. I've participated on some crazy forums before and KG is pretty easy-going in comparison to many of the forums out on the web. Often the fights on other forums are very brutal and full bullying and vindictive behavior.

Here we may argue but it's out a sincere passion and we love our grills and that's universal regardless of the brand. Arguments are simply avoided by not participating in them and keeping the thread on topic.

Every forum has a hot button and issues that will cause fights. Critiquing another Kamado on KG forum is bounded to cause an argument.

I'm with John, I'm not going to expend the energy to convince anyone to stay. Whether someone chooses to participate is solely their own decision. When you choose to post anything on a public forum it's become public domain. No one owns anything they choose to post on social media sites.

Take a couple of weeks or a month off. Usually after a short break from the forum you'll feel better.

^^^

I agree with CA. This place is very civil compared to other forums. I'm on forums (food/cooking related and other hobby related) where it gets insanely brutal. I come on here to relax and take a break from the madness of the other forums. :-) I'm not here much and I don't have a clue what the deal breaker was for you CVW but I've enjoyed a lot of your posts and it sucks that you want to go. You know the saying "Opinions are like a$$h*les...everyone has one" and that what makes it interesting for me personally as such is life.