Char-Griller remote thermometer

So is the remote thermometer Char-Griller is offering on their website a rebranded Maverick ET-732? If so, at $39.95 it seems to be a bargain...

Where do you see that? when I go to char-griller.com, they don't show that.

Norman.

Thank you K80, I went to the site and purchased one. It should arrive in 4 to 5 days, shipping is $12.13, I think the total cost is $52.07, still a little cheaper than Amazon. I imagine it should be exactly the same as the Maverick, will see.

Norman.

I bought the dual mavrick thermometer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YUELYC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004IMA718&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Z7SX05DACQH1A8FMHB7

Worked great the first time (at low temp 500deg.

the internal probe stopped working... (specs says it should work up to 572deg.)

Anyone had similar problems when going to high temp?

Thank you K80, I went to the site and purchased one. It should arrive in 4 to 5 days, shipping is $12.13, I think the total cost is $52.07, still a little cheaper than Amazon. I imagine it should be exactly the same as the Maverick, will see.

Norman.

Ordered Smokin' Stone and Thermo earlier in the week - total charged including shipping was $90.73 - that's > $20 in shipping charges which seems excessive. Smokin' Stone only available from CG and the Thermo, even with $12 or $13 in shipping still the best deal I've seen on the ET-732.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YUELYC/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_3?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B004IMA718&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Z7SX05DACQH1A8FMHB7

This is the response I received from Mavrik:

Sounds like your probe shorted out and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately right now we are out of stock on the ET-85 probes. We do not know when we will have them back in stock yet. Your only option would be to either wait till we get the probes back in stock, or to see if the retailer can send you a replacement probe or unit.

Very helpful thank you very much [NOT].

Crud

This is the response I received from Mavrik:

Sounds like your probe shorted out and needs to be replaced. Unfortunately right now we are out of stock on the ET-85 probes. We do not know when we will have them back in stock yet. Your only option would be to either wait till we get the probes back in stock, or to see if the retailer can send you a replacement probe or unit.

Very helpful thank you very much [NOT].

Crud

I've been seeing similar complaints about this unit on this and other forums and on Amazon. I've just resolved to only use it under 400F and hope it holds up. Any hotter than that and I'm cooking steaks, hamburgers or pizza and don't need it.

I know its not a huge savings but I got my Maverick Off of ebay delivered for $37.

If that's for a new unit you got a DEAL - there are none priced like that on eBay now.

I just saw one on ebay for $37 and a couple for $39.