Big Joe 2017 Lid Removal

AndyB

Hey everyone, just got a 2017 Big Joe and working on getting it into its stand. In an effort to reduce weight I was thinking about possibly removing the lid. How much is involved with removing/replacing the lid on the new 2017 Big Joe?

I had done some inadequate research on the Big Joe and thought it would weigh 250 ponds, manageable for two people. When I received the pallet on a fork lift onto my truck, I joked with the driver if he would follow me t the house. 450 pounds!

Three people to lift it off the truck onto the stand, we barely made it.I would have found a fourth or a fifth person before removing the lid.

Yeah I'm glad mine came with liftgate service.  I saw on the shipping documents that the weight is 472 in the box.  Luckily the big joe shell is around 250, but the firebox and accessories add up on the pallet.

• 3 years later...

Okay. Didn't read the forums first and removed the lid to lighten it up to move it to the stand. UGH!

Didn't have a second set of hands to help.

Any guidance on what to do now???

Thanks in advance for your help!